My approach to counselling and psychotherpay
My role is to actively help you draw on your inner resources so that you can find a way through your problems. Sometimes just having the space to talk and to really be heard will be enough to help lead you towards clarity. Other times we might need to delve deeper to understand how your past experiences are affecting your present day life, with the goal of creating deeper awareness leading to a greater freedom of choice in how you live your life.
As an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist I am flexible in my approach and draw from a wide spectrum of psychotherapeutic knowledge. I use tools and techniques from different theories to help meet your individual needs - we are unique and one size does not fit all.
- BA (Honours) First Class Degree in Counselling (Greenwich University)
- FdSc Integrative Counselling (Greenwich University)
- BACP Accredited Counsellor and Psychotherapist
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision of Individuals and Groups
- Certificate in Working with Trauma
- Certificate in delivering Online Counselling
- Current DBS certificate (Disclosure and Barring Service)
I work online and in person from my private practice in Leatherhead (close to Ashtead, Epsom, Cobham, Oxshott and Dorking).
Previous experience includes providing short-term counselling for the NHS; bereavement counselling in a hospice setting; and many years as a listening volunteer with Samaritans.
Counselling and Psychotherapy in Leatherhead, Epsom, Cobham, Oxshott, Ashtead, Dorking and surrounding areas.